This week writer, critic and curator Alex Bacon (NYC) was a two-day guest lecturer at the MFA.
He studied art history at Princeton University where Hal Foster was his professor.
His main interest is ‘abstraction’ in the broadest sense of the word. That means as well the (art)historical references as the contemporary art in which this plays part.
Unique about his position is that he is in close contact with a lot of artists, especially with a young generation of abstract painters in New York. He’s not a writer or critic that stands on the sideline but really involves himself.
- Come visit us at the Den Bosch campus for Open Studios
- You are cordially invited!
- WKNDEXPO, a new series of one-weekend exhibitions in Electron, Breda
- The Only Rule is Work
- The Only Rule Is Work; Glasgow, Scotland
- Master’s Exhibition Glasgow, Scotland
- To Whom It May Concern, Raphael Langmair solo at P/////AKT, Amsterdam
- Onderbroken Stad, Antwerp BE